Eye Surgeon at the Eye Institute in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Dr. Steven B. Koenig, head of cornea and refractive surgery, has been a faculty member at the Medical College of Wisconsin Eye Institute for over 30 years. His expertise includes blade-free Lasik, one-stitch corneal transplants, complex cataract surgery and pediatric cataracts.
Dr. Koenig is frequently selected by ophthalmologists and their families for eye care and surgery.
He has a particular interest in refractive cataract surgery and premium lens implantation, as well as keratoconus.
If you are in need of a leading eye surgeon in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, please contact Dr. Steven Koenig today. With fellowship training and over three decades of surgical experience, Dr. Koenig possesses the medical expertise to help you achieve your best vision. Watch the video shown below to learn more about Dr. Koenig.
Steven B. Koenig, M.D.
- Professor of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- B.A. Dartmouth College
- M.D. Cornell University Medical School
- Northwestern University Medical School
- Louisiana State University Eye Center
Fellowship in cornea/refractive surgery
- Eye Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Froedtert Hospital
- Professor of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, Head of Cornea and Refractive Surgery
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- The Cornea Society
- Milwaukee Ophthalmological Society
- Research to Prevent Blindness
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Honor Award
- Recognized 1996 - present “Best Doctors in America®”
- "Top Doctors in Milwaukee" voted by Milwaukee Magazine
Dr. Koenig is extremely pleasant, good natured, and has a wonderful beside manner. He was available and willing to answer any questions I had and even rang me back.Jacqueline M.